- Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
- Refers to the period roughly from the beginning of the 2nd millennium BCE, when Assyrian rulers first appeared in northern Mesopotamia and continuing until the fall of their empire in 612 BCE.
- Rounded vessels that are generally wider than they are high, usually hemispherical or nearly so. A bowl may have a spreading base or foot ring and sometimes two handles or a cover. Distinguished from a cup, which is rather deep than wide.
- Making shiny or lustrous by rubbing with a tool that compacts or smooths.
Middle Iron Age
- Refers to a phase of Iron Age culture marked by technological and social developments, including carburized iron or steel.
- Fragments of a ceramic or glass vessel from just below the rim.
Click an image to view a larger version
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/177754 |title=Middle Iron Age Black and Gray Burnished Ware Rim Sherd of Bowl |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=1/17/2022 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 15 of 18
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BCJQQ".