Rembrandt van Rijn
Dutch (1606 - 1669) Primary
Landscape with a Square Tower1650
3 3/4 in. x 6 1/4 in. (9.53 cm x 15.88 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- cottages - A small house, usually of only one story.
- Dutch - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, or in general to cultures that have occupied the same area in northwestern Europe along the North Sea. It is often used to distinguish the culture of the northern historic Netherlands from "Flemish," which is the culture of the southern Netherlands or Flanders. It may also be used to refer in general to the culture of Germanic or Teutonic peoples; however, this meaning is seldom found in modern texts.
- thatching - The process of building a roof with dry vegetation such as straw, reed, sedge, rushes, or heather; the vegetation is layered so that rain water is shed away from the inner roof. Thatching is an ancient roofing method, found in both tropical and temperate climates.
- towers - Detached or isolated buildings or other structures high in proportion to their lateral dimensions. For parts of buildings with walls rising with vertical proportions considerably above the rest, use "towers (building divisions)." For modern high-rise buildings with a towerlike main mass rising from a larger low base, use "tower buildings."
Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery, Lebanon Valley College
, Feb 20, 2002 – Dec 8, 2002
- Berman Museum of Art, Ursinus College 2/20/2002 - 7/31/2002
- Lebanon Valley College Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery 3/1/2002 - 3/14/2002
- Martin Art Gallery, Muhlenberg College 8/9/2002 - 10/11/2002
- Phillips Museum of Art, Franklin & Marshall College 10/24/2002 - 12/8/2002
- A Century Affirmed in the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Apr 18, 1984 – Dec 7, 1984
- Plate Dimensions: 3 3/4 x 6 1/4 in. (9.525 x 15.875 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BCLMP" and [Object]Display Artist is "Rembrandt van Rijn".View current selection of records as: