Rembrandt van Rijn
Dutch (1606 - 1669) Primary
Cottage Beside a Canalca. 1645
5 1/2 in. x 8 1/8 in. (13.97 cm x 20.64 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- boats - Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- canals - Artificial navigable waterways.
- churches - Buildings for public Christian worship that are distinguished historically from chapels and oratories, which are buildings that are in some respect private, or not public in the widest sense. Church architecture generally somewhat follows standard models, which vary depending upon the date, location, and characteristics of the congregation.
- cottages - A small house, usually of only one story.
- Dutch - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, or in general to cultures that have occupied the same area in northwestern Europe along the North Sea. It is often used to distinguish the culture of the northern historic Netherlands from "Flemish," which is the culture of the southern Netherlands or Flanders. It may also be used to refer in general to the culture of Germanic or Teutonic peoples; however, this meaning is seldom found in modern texts.
- Rembrandt's Return: A Complement of Prints Allentown Art Museum , Nov 20, 2021 – Mar 27, 2021
- Temperamental! Prints in the Collection of Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Mar 20, 2019 – Jun 2, 2019
- Worlds to Discover: 125 Years of Collections at Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Sep 24, 2010 – May 28, 2011
Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery, Lebanon Valley College
, Feb 20, 2002 – Dec 8, 2002
- Berman Museum of Art, Ursinus College 2/20/2002 - 7/31/2002
- Lebanon Valley College Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery 3/1/2002 - 3/14/2002
- Martin Art Gallery, Muhlenberg College 8/9/2002 - 10/11/2002
- Phillips Museum of Art, Franklin & Marshall College 10/24/2002 - 12/8/2002
- Sheet Dimensions: 5 1/2 x 8 1/8 in. (13.97 x 20.638 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BCLMP" and [Object]Display Artist is "Rembrandt van Rijn".View current selection of records as: