Rembrandt van Rijn
Dutch (1606 - 1669) Primary
Self-Portrait Drawing at Window1648
7 in. x 5 in. (17.78 cm x 12.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- artists - People who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, see "performing artists."
- Dutch - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, or in general to cultures that have occupied the same area in northwestern Europe along the North Sea. It is often used to distinguish the culture of the northern historic Netherlands from "Flemish," which is the culture of the southern Netherlands or Flanders. It may also be used to refer in general to the culture of Germanic or Teutonic peoples; however, this meaning is seldom found in modern texts.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- Rembrandt's Return: A Complement of Prints Allentown Art Museum , Nov 20, 2021 – Mar 27, 2021
- Mirrors and Masks: Reflections and Constructions of the Self Bryn Mawr College , Mar 23, 2017 – Jun 4, 2017
- Worlds to Discover: 125 Years of Collections at Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Sep 24, 2010 – May 28, 2011
- Treasures - Reunion 2007 Bryn Mawr College , Jun 2, 2007 – Jun 2, 2007
Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery, Lebanon Valley College
, Feb 20, 2002 – Dec 8, 2002
- Berman Museum of Art, Ursinus College 2/20/2002 - 7/31/2002
- Lebanon Valley College Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery 3/1/2002 - 3/14/2002
- Martin Art Gallery, Muhlenberg College 8/9/2002 - 10/11/2002
- Phillips Museum of Art, Franklin & Marshall College 10/24/2002 - 12/8/2002
- A Century Affirmed in the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Apr 18, 1984 – Dec 7, 1984
- Plate Dimensions: 7 x 5 in. (17.78 x 12.7 cm)
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
- Svetlana Alpers, Rembrandt: A Series of Four Lectures. Bryn Mawr College. Bryn Mawr, PA, 1985
Boston Museum of Fine Arts
and Pierpont Morgan Library.
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; Pierpont Morgan Library.
Boston, MA, 1969
Page Number: 23-27
and Emily Croll.
Worlds to Discover.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, 2010
Page Number: 24
and Steven Z. Levine.
Mirrors & Masks.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, March, 2017
Page Number: 45, Figure Number: 22
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BCLMP" and [Object]Display Artist is "Rembrandt van Rijn".View current selection of records as: