French (1739 - 1792) Primary
Dites donc, sil-vous-plait18th century
10 11/16 in. x 11 13/16 in. (27.2 cm x 30 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.230
Geography: Europe, France
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- children - People in the earliest developmental stage of life.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- families - Groups of individuals related by blood, marriage, adoption, or cohabitation.
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- mothers - Women who have children, either biologically or by adoption.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BCWXM".View current selection of records as: