American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Boy Surprised by FrogEarly 20th century
6 7/8 in. x 5 1/8 in. (17.46 cm x 13.02 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1983.1.191
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Collection: Allen Lewis Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- boys - Refers to male human beings from birth through adolescence.
- frogs - General term for any member of the order Anura that is smooth-skinned, semi-aquatic, and leaping, as distinguished from more terrestrial, squat, warty, hopping anurans, which are called "toads." There is no taxonomic distinction between frogs and toads.
- sitting - The act of placing oneself upon an object or the ground so that the weight of the body is on the posterior. Term may modify a representation of a figure in a seated posture.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Plate Dimensions: 6 7/8 x 5 1/8 in. (17.463 x 13.018 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BCXHF".View current selection of records as: