Dutch (1558 - 1617) Primary
The Adoration of Shepherdsca. 1599
8 in. x 6 in. (20.32 cm x 15.24 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- religious art - Use broadly for art depicting religious subjects or for art used in worship.
- shepherds - Persons who guard, tend and herd flocks of sheep grazing at large.
- unfinished - The state of not being finished or completed. Includes the sense of intentionally not being brought to what is usually considered to be a final state of completion.
- Temperamental! Prints in the Collection of Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Mar 20, 2019 – Jun 2, 2019
- Plate Dimensions: 8 x 6 in. (20.32 x 15.24 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BCXQR".View current selection of records as: