Christian Wilhelm Ernst Dietrich
German (1712 - 1774) Primary
5.563 x 4.75 in. (14.129 x 12.065 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- cottages - A small house, usually of only one story.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- German - Refers to the cultures, periods, and styles of the modern nation of Germany, or the cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in central Europe. More broadly, it can refer to the cultures of the ancient groups of related peoples who inhabited central and northern Europe, and who spoke dialects from which the Germanic or Teutonic languages developed.
- peasants - Free people who support themselves by tilling the soil, either as small landholders or hired laborers. For the social class comprised of these people, use "peasantry." For those in a condition of servitude under feudalism, owing services to a lord and commonly attached to the lord's land, use "serfs."
- peddlers - Refers to those who move about selling small goods from door to door or on the street. For those who sell food or small goods from temporary positions on the street, see "street vendors."
- Plate Dimensions: 5.563 x 4.75 in. (14.129 x 12.065 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BCYVN".View current selection of records as: