William Holl, I
British (1771 - 1838) Primary
Baron François Gérard
French (1770 - 1837) Secondary
NapoleonLate 18th century - first half of 19th century
10 13/16 in. x 7 1/16 in. (27.4 cm x 18 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.598
Geography: Europe, England
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- emperors - Sovereigns or supreme monarchs of an empire, which is a political unit that comprises a number of territories or nations and is ruled by a single supreme authority. The use of the term is often restricted to reference to such supreme authorities in only certain parts of the world, including the ancient Roman empire, the Early Christian Roman empire, and the empires of Austria-Hungary, China, Japan, Morocco, India, Asia Minor, and Germany. The rulers of conglomerate political states in other parts of the world are generally known by other titles. The term "emperors" always refers to males, while "empresses" refers to female rulers.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Sheet Dimensions: 10 13/16 x 7 1/16 in. (27.4 x 18 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BDFUT".View current selection of records as: