Giovanni Battista Piranesi
Italian (1720 - 1778) Primary
Veduta del prospetto principale della Colonna Trajana (View of Trajan's Column)1774 - 1779
120.5 x 18.5 in. (306.07 x 46.99 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2019.4.85
Geography: Europe, Italy
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- classicism - Includes any manifestation of the material culture of classical Greece and Rome. With reference to the period of late 18th- and 19th-century art and architecture which featured a return to classical principles, use "Neoclassical." With reference to the period of architecture and ornament of the late 18th- to early 20th-century based relatively closely on ancient classical forms, use "Classical Revival."
- columns - Vertical lists of items or vertical sections into which the text of a manuscript or printed page are divided, separated by rules or blank spaces. For texts written from side to side across the page, use "long line format."
- emperors - Sovereigns or supreme monarchs of an empire, which is a political unit that comprises a number of territories or nations and is ruled by a single supreme authority. The use of the term is often restricted to reference to such supreme authorities in only certain parts of the world, including the ancient Roman empire, the Early Christian Roman empire, and the empires of Austria-Hungary, China, Japan, Morocco, India, Asia Minor, and Germany. The rulers of conglomerate political states in other parts of the world are generally known by other titles. The term "emperors" always refers to males, while "empresses" refers to female rulers.
- history - Discipline that studies the chronological record of events, such as affecting a nation, community, individual, object, or place, based on a critical examination of source materials and usually presenting an explanation of their causes.
- mythology - Genre and tradition concerning the study of a culture's body of myths, belonging to a particular religious or cultural tradition in an authoritative and official fashion and through symbolic narrative, iconography, or characterization, usually through the forms and personalities of deities.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Object Dimensions: 120.5 x 18.5 in. (306.07 x 46.99 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BDFUT".View current selection of records as: