French (1592 - 1635) Primary
Charles DelormeEarly 17th century
7 1/16 in. x 4 5/16 in. (18 cm x 11 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.24.11
Geography: Europe, France
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- physicians - Practitioners of medicine with a doctorate in any of its branches, especially those licensed by the proper authorities.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Plate Dimensions: 7 1/16 x 4 5/16 in. (18 x 11 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BDHTA".View current selection of records as: