|Showing 1 of 1||
Leslie Matthew Ward
British (1851 - 1922) Primary
Thomas Hardy ("Tess"), Illustration for Vanity Fair1892
15.5 x 10.625 in. (39.37 x 26.988 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- authors - Persons responsible for the intellectual content of books or other writings, namely those who write or otherwise compose books, articles, poems, plays, or other works which involve literary composition. The works are often, but not always, intended for publication.
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- illustration - The art or process of providing drawings or other pictures intended to elucidate a description, story, or other written material, usually in a book or periodical.
- lithographs - Prints made using the process of lithography, which is a planographic printing process in which a design is deposited on the stone or plate with a greasy substance which will accept ink.
- magazines - Periodicals containing articles, essays, poems, or other writings by different authors, usually on a variety of topics and intended for a general reading public or treating a particular area of interest for a popular audience.
- novelists - Authors who write fictional prose narratives of considerable length and a certain complexity that deal imaginatively with human experience through a connected sequence of events involving a group of persons in a specific setting.
- poets - Authors ol compositions characterized by condensed language chosen for sound and suggestive power as well as meaning.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- Sheet Dimensions: 15.5 x 10.625 in. (39.37 x 26.988 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BDNWE" and [Object]Display Artist is "Leslie Matthew Ward".View current selection of records as: