Italian (1758 - 1833) Primary
Italian (1752 - 1812) Secondary
Francesco PetiarcaLate 18th century - early 19th century
8 7/8 in. x 6 1/2 in. (22.5 cm x 16.5 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2004.13.4
Geography: Europe, Italy
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
This object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- poets - Authors ol compositions characterized by condensed language chosen for sound and suggestive power as well as meaning.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- Image Dimensions: 8 7/8 x 6 1/2 in. (22.5 x 16.5 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BDNWE".View current selection of records as: