British (1874 - 1949) Primary
A. E. Housman1936, after original of 1926
Charcoal on paper
18 3/4 in. x 12 7/8 in. (47.63 cm x 32.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2011.43.6
Geography: Europe, England
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Drawings
Collection: Seymour Adelman Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- drawings - Visual works produced by drawing, which is the application of lines on a surface, often paper, by using a pencil, pen, chalk, or some other tracing instrument to focus on the delineation of form rather than the application of color. This term is often defined broadly to refer to computer-generated images as well.
- poets - Authors ol compositions characterized by condensed language chosen for sound and suggestive power as well as meaning.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- reproductions - Copies of art images, art objects, decorative arts, or other valued images or objects, made without intent to deceive; with regard to art images, it includes photographic reproductions. The term implies more precise and faithful imitation than does the term "copies (derivative objects)." Where the intent is to deceive, see "forgeries" or "counterfeits." For prints copying other two-dimensional works, typically dating from before the widespread use of photography, use "reproductive prints."
- Sheet Dimensions: 18 3/4 x 12 7/8 in. (47.625 x 32.703 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BDNWE".View current selection of records as: