American (1871 - 1951) Primary
The Picture Buyer1911
5 1/8 in. x 6 3/4 in. (13.02 cm x 17.15 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1962.141.a
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
Collection: Harrington-Bishop Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- art galleries - Establishments in which works of art are displayed for sale.
- crwths - Bowed or plucked box lyres of ancient Wales, surviving into the early 19th century.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- paintings - Unique works in which images are formed primarily by the direct application of pigments suspended in oil, water, egg yolk, molten wax, or other liquid, arranged in masses of color, onto a generally two-dimensional surface.
- Plate Dimensions: 5 1/8 x 6 3/4 in. (13.018 x 17.145 cm)
Owner Name: Bryn Mawr College
Acquisition Method: Donation
Ownership Start Date: 10/18/84
Owner Name: Richard E. Bishop
Disposal Method: Donated
Ownership End Date: 10/18/84
The Picture Buyer
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BDUMN".View current selection of records as: