Meteghlluwaaghet or Kuvaaghaan (Bird Shaped Game Piece)19th century
0.75 x 0.625 x 1.438 in. (1.905 x 1.588 x 3.651 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2019.33.63
Other Number(s): Inuit_Ivory.63 (Temporary Number)
Geography: North and Central America, Canada or United States
Classification: Toys and Games; Games
Culture/Nationality: Thule, Arctic, Alaskan, North American
This object has the following keywords:
- Arctic - In the context of art and culture, the culture of the indigenous peoples of the northern polar region of the earth, including the Arctic Ocean and the northernmost parts of Asia, Europe, and North America. The term may also refer to the animals, plants, climate, geology, geography, and oceanography of the area.
- game pieces - The objects, usually small and of hard durable materials, manipulated directly by participants during the play of card, table, and board games.
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- Western Thule
- Object Dimensions: 0.75 x 0.625 x 1.438 in. (1.905 x 1.588 x 3.651 cm)
The following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
- "Eskimo Art." (Accessed August 17, 2020): Eskimo Art, http://eskimo-art.org/site/. https://alaska.si.edu/record.asp?id=339.
- "Alaska Native Collections." (Accessed August 18, 2020): Smithsonian Institution, https://alaska.si.edu. https://alaska.si.edu/record.asp?id=339.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BEFGK".View current selection of records as: