British (1774 - 1857) Primary
British (1767 - 1835) Painter
WarLate 18th century - mid 19th century
18 1/4 in. x 14 1/4 in. (46.36 cm x 36.2 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- cocks - Adult male birds.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- hand coloring - Applying color by a manual process.
- Composition Dimensions: 18 1/4 x 14 1/4 in. (46.355 x 36.195 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BEFJL" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "British".View current selection of records as: