|Showing 1 of 1||
American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Bull with a Broken House on its Backca. 1923
2 1/4 in. x 4 in. (5.72 cm x 10.16 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- breaking - Splitting into pieces or smashing into parts or fragments, typically by a blow or stress and with suddenness or violence.
- bulls - Adult males of cattle, oxen, bison, camel, moose, walrus, whale, seal, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, giraffe, elephant, dolphin, and other animals.
- houses - Individual dwellings designed to be occupied by a single tenant or family. May also refer to a building for human occupation, for some purpose other than that of an ordinary dwelling; with this usage, "house" is generally prefaced (e.g., "cowhouse," "almshouse").
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
- Image Dimensions: 2 1/4 x 4 in. (5.715 x 10.16 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BEKRK" and [Object]Display Artist is "Allen Lewis".View current selection of records as: