Metal Pin Decorated with Animals
4 1/8 x 7 5/8 x 3/8 in. (10.478 x 19.368 x 0.953 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- bells - Flared or bulbous terminals found on many open-ended aerophone tubes.
- bulls - Adult males of cattle, oxen, bison, camel, moose, walrus, whale, seal, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, giraffe, elephant, dolphin, and other animals.
- Canis familiaris - Domesticated species of Canis, formerly believed to be descended from Canis lupus, gray wolves; however, recent studies suggest that gray wolves and domestic dogs instead have a common ancestor, now extinct. Dogs come in a variety of shapes, and sizes and over 400 distinct breeds. All domestic or feral dogs are descended from a single common ancestral species. For more than 12,000 years, it has lived with humans as a hunting companion, protector, and as herders and guardians of sheep, goats, and cattle. Today, dogs are employed as aids to the blind and disabled, or for police work. In Western art, dogs have generally come to symbolize faithfulness and loyalty, however, in other cultures they can symbolizes a varity of traits, ranging from unclean to seducer.
- flower - General term for any decorative motif in the form of a flower, which is the showy reproductive part of flowering plants or angiosperms. Common examples are motifs resembling roses, tulips, lilies, or daisies.
- Gallus gallus - Members of a species, the red jungle fowl, that is the most widely domesticated fowl and existing in many breeds. The wild cock has shining silky plumage, red on the head and back and green-black elsewhere; the hen is rusty brown with speckled neck and minimal comb. Domestic chickens are raised worldwide for their meat and eggs.
- metal - Any of a large group of substances that typically show a characteristic luster, are good conductors of electricity and heat, are opaque, can be fused, and are usually malleable or ductile.
- pins - Small fasteners with a pointed or tapered end made of various materials used to pin something down or fasten something together. For jewelry having pins as methods of attachment, use "pins (jewelry)."
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BEKRK" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is ".View current selection of records as: