American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
For Victory in '43Early 20th century
3 1/2 in. x 3 in. (8.89 cm x 7.62 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- Aves - The class of vertebrate animals that are typically bipedal and warm-blooded, lay large-yolked hardshelled eggs, often arboreal, and possessing feathers, hollow bones, forelimbs adapted for flight (although some have lost the ability to fly) and hindlimbs for perching and locomotion, a four-chambered heart, keen vision, a horny beak without teeth, and a large muscular stomach. Birds arose from theropod dinosaurs, which were an order of carnivorous dinosaurs.
- drypoints - Prints made using the drypoint process, whereby a sharp needle scratches the plate creating a burr.
- greeting cards - Cards often imprinted with messages and suitable illustrations, sent or given on special occasions or holidays.
- helmets - Any of various forms of protective coverings for the head, usually made of a hard material, including the outside steel layer of helmets that consist of inner and outer parts.
- trees - Woody, perennial plants usually with a single, long, self-supporting stem or trunk, and which grow to a considerable height.
- Plate Dimensions: 3 1/2 x 3 in. (8.89 x 7.62 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BEUKQ" and [Object]Display Artist is "Allen Lewis".View current selection of records as: