|Showing 1 of 1||
American (1889 – 1985) Primary
Opening the Road1936
State: AAG edition of 200
9 x 11 1/2 in. (22.86 x 29.21 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2022.9.9
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Woodcuts
This object has the following keywords:
- snow - Frozen precipitation in the form of white or translucent hexagonal ice crystals that fall in soft, white flakes.
- trees - Woody, perennial plants usually with a single, long, self-supporting stem or trunk, and which grow to a considerable height.
- winter - Usually the coldest season of the year, occurring between autumn and spring.
- wood engravings - Prints made using the process of wood engraving, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the grain end of a wood block; distinct from "woodcut (process)," which is a relief process using the plank side of a wood block.
- works on paper - Use collectively to bring together works of art in which paper is the support, only when terms such as "drawings" or "prints" are not appropriate.
Owner Name: Klare Scarborough, Ph.D. 2005 and Bill Scarborough
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, USA
Acquisition Method: Purchased at Auction
Disposal Method: Donated to Bryn Mawr College
Ownership Start Date: 2/15/2014
Ownership End Date: 12/10/2021
Remarks: Purchased from Rachel Davis Fine Arts, OH, 2/15/2014, Lot 0234
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BEUKQ" and [Object]Display Artist is "Eloise Howard".View current selection of records as: