Plaster Amphora Imprint (Cast)
0.866 x 0.394 x 1.575 in. (2.2 x 1 x 4 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2017.10.40
Other Number(s): A31 E26 (Excavation No.)
Geography: Africa, Egypt
Classification: Documents and Documentary Artifacts; Other Documents; Plaster Imprints
Collection: Naukratis Project 1977-1983
Findspot: Kom Geif-Naukratis, Egypt. 30° 53' 49.7" N, 30° 35' 27.1"E. Context: E.26 Date: 1981
This object has the following keywords:
- amphorae - Ancient Greek and Roman storage vessels of many variations usually having a large oval body with a narrow neck and two or more handles extending from the mouth or neck to the shoulders on the body.
- casting - The act or process of making casts or of shaping in a mold; usually refers to pouring liquid material into a mold, as distinguished from pressing a material into a mold, for which prefer "molding."
- casting plaster - Type of plaster of Paris especially prepared to have the properties most desirable for casting and carving; it is very fine-grained, absorbent, brilliantly white, slow setting, and capable of taking fine detail.
- casts - Sculptural works or reproductions made by casting. In industrial and building trade contexts, prefer "castings."
- imprints - Statements in books concerning the publication or printing of a book, usually printed on the title page, the back of the title page, or at the end of the text. Imprints may include the name of publisher, distributor, and manufacturer, and the place and date of publication.
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BFTIA".View current selection of records as: