Baby Rain Hood1965-1999
8.5 x 3.5 x 3.75 in. (21.59 x 8.89 x 9.525 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- basketmaking - Process of creating containers made of twigs, rushes, thin strips of wood, or other flexible material woven together.
- clothing - Coverings for the torso, limbs, hands, feet, and head for warmth, fashion, or to cover nudity. It generally excludes other items of costume such as jewelry, crowns, and other accessories that are purely decorative or symbolic and have no practical function.
- East African - Styles and cultures of the eastern area of Africa including Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, that together with the Horn of Africa (Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea, and Ethiopia) make up Eastern Africa.
- Ugandan - The style and culture of the central African State, Uganda.
- The Philip L. Kilbride Memorial Exhibition Bryn Mawr College , Apr 5, 2013 – Jul 25, 2014
Owner Name: Gift of Philip Kilbride, Professor of Anthropology
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Acquisition Method: Purchased/Collected
Ownership Start Date: Last quarter 20th century
Ownership End Date: 1999
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
- Minister of Culture and Community Development, Uganda Crafts: Kampala (Kampala, Uganda: Ministry of Culture and Community Development, 1965), 20,39. Figure Number: A2
The following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
- Minister of Culture and Community Development, Uganda Crafts: Kampala (Kampala, Uganda: Ministry of Culture and Community Development, 1965), 20, 39. Figure Number: A2
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BGCEZ" and [Object]Display Artist is "Unknown Ugandan".View current selection of records as: