|Showing 1 of 1||
Basket Weavers1997 - 2017
13 x 17.75 in. (33.02 x 45.085 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- basketmaking - Process of creating containers made of twigs, rushes, thin strips of wood, or other flexible material woven together.
- collage - Refers to the technique of making compositions in two dimensions or very low relief by gluing paper, fabrics, photographs, or other materials onto a flat surface. If heavy three-dimensional objects dominate, see "assemblage (sculpture technique)." If the constituent fragments form a somewhat unified image, see "montage."
- East African - Styles and cultures of the eastern area of Africa including Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, that together with the Horn of Africa (Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea, and Ethiopia) make up Eastern Africa.
- Kenyan - Style and culture of Kenya.
- recycling - Recovery and reuse of materials and energy from waste.
- works on paper - Use collectively to bring together works of art in which paper is the support, only when terms such as "drawings" or "prints" are not appropriate.
- Mat Dimensions: 13 x 17.75 in. (33.02 x 45.085 cm)
The following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
- "Buford's Art Gallery: Steve Mbatia Biography." (Accessed April 13, 2020): https://www.bufordskenya.com/product-category/contemporary-art/steve-mbatia/.
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BGCEZ" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "Kenyan, East African, African".View current selection of records as: