14 1/2 in. x 9 1/2 in. x 9 1/2 in. (36.83 cm x 24.13 cm x 24.13 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- basketmaking - Process of creating containers made of twigs, rushes, thin strips of wood, or other flexible material woven together.
- ceramic - Refers to any of various hard, brittle, heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials made by shaping and then firing a nonmetallic mineral, such as clay, at a high temperature.
- ethnographic objects - Objects originating in any culture still living or known through relatively recent history when those objects are the concern of ethnographic or ethnological study. For objects from earlier periods found in contexts of archaeological research, prefer "archaeological objects."
- inlays - Decorative forms created when pieces of a material are inserted into similar-sized openings in a surrounding material so as to create a design.
- mother of pearl - Hard, pearly, iridescent internal layer of various kinds of mollusk shell, extensively used for making small articles and inlays.
- pot drums - Drums made of earhtenware pots, having a membrane tied across the mouth.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BGCEZ".View current selection of records as: