unknown Kuba (Congolese)
Yet Royal Belt Pendant in Form of Miniature MaskLikely late 20th century
4 3/4 in. x 2 3/8 in. x 1 9/16 in. (12 cm x 6 cm x 4 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- beading - Trimming, furnishing, adorning, or covering textiles or objects with beads, or creating jewelry by stringing beads.
- Central African - Nationality, styles, and culture of the people of the nation of the République centrafricaine.
- Central African - Styles and cultures from a wide region of Africa that straddles the Equator and is drained largely by the Congo River system.
- Congolese - Nationality, styles, and cultures of the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Kuba - Describes works created by the African people of the same name living in the central Democratic Republic of Congo.
- pendants - Articles of jewelry designed to be suspended, such as from a necklace, brooch, or earrings. Examples include Renaissance pendants fastened to the sleeve and articles of devotional, magical, or mourning jewelry concealed under clothing.
- Honoring the Past, Inspiring the Future: Black History Month at Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Feb 15, 2013 – Mar 29, 2013
Owner Name: Mace Neufeld and Helen Katz Neufeld, Class of 1953
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Ownership End Date: 12/20/1996
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
- "National Museum of African Art Online Database." (Accessed April 12, 2020): Smithsonian, https://africa.si.edu/collections/collections. Accession No.: 2015-9-21.
- "New Orleans Museum of Art Online Collections Database." (Accessed April 24, 2020): https://noma.org/. Accession No.: 85.182.7.
- "The Minneapolis Institute of Art." Minneapolis Institute of Art. (Accessed June 10, 2020): Minneapolis Institute of Art, ArtsMIA.org. Accession No.: 89.1.
The following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
- Joseph Cornet, Art Royal Kuba (Milano: Edizioni Sipiel, 1982), 204-207. Figure Number: 238, 239
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BGIEG" and [Object]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: