DollEarly 20th century
2 3/4 x 1 3/4 x 2 in. (6.985 x 4.445 x 5.08 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Chinese - The cultures, styles, and periods characteristic of China. To specifically refer to the cultures of ancient Chine, use "Ancient Chinese."
- cloth - Generally, textile that is woven, felted, knit, pounded, or otherwise made into a flat piece. For textile in the form of continuous strands made from filaments of fiber by reeling, spinning, twisting, or throwing, see "yarn."
- dolls - Figurines representing humans or animals, including but not restricted to those intended as toys for children, usually girls, or as collectibles for adults. Dolls are commonly in the form of a baby or woman, often with changeable clothes; they may have moveable arms and legs. Doll may be made of cloth (rag dolls), wood, clay, porcelain, wax, paper, plastic, celluloid, corn husks, or other materials. Dolls may also be figurines used for ceremonial, religious, or decorative purposes. Archaeological evidence suggests that dolls were the first playthings; they have been found in Babylonian and Egyptian tombs from ca. 3000 BCE. In ancient Greece and Rome, maturing girls consecrated their childhood dolls to the goddesses. Cloth dolls in the form of animals are generally called "stuffed toys."
- toys - Material objects contrived for amusement rather than for practical use by children or pets, or intended as collectibles by adults. Toys are generally miniature versions of real beings or objects that lend themselves to imaginative or imitative play. Toys may also be items for use in games. Among the earliest toys were dolls and balls.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BHLUL" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "Chinese".View current selection of records as: