American (1871 - 1951) Primary
5 1/8 in. x 6 3/4 in. (13.02 cm x 17.15 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- buildings - Structures, generally enclosed, that are used or intended to be used for sheltering an activity or occupancy.
- cloth - Generally, textile that is woven, felted, knit, pounded, or otherwise made into a flat piece. For textile in the form of continuous strands made from filaments of fiber by reeling, spinning, twisting, or throwing, see "yarn."
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- townscapes - The built forms of towns, cities, or other built-up areas, in combination, as perceived visually and aesthetically. For representations of towns or cities, as in drawings or photographs, use "townscapes (representations)."
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Illuminating John Sloan Bryn Mawr College , Apr 30, 2015 – Jun 1, 2015
- American Life in American Prints (La Vie Americaine dans l'Estampe Americaine) , 1982 – 1983
- Plate Dimensions: 5 1/8 x 6 3/4 in. (13.018 x 17.145 cm)
Owner Name: Bryn Mawr College
Acquisition Method: Donation
Ownership Start Date: 10/18/84
Owner Name: Richard E. Bishop
Disposal Method: Donated
Ownership End Date: 10/18/84
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
James Tanis, Ph.D.,
La vie americaine dans l'estampe americaine
Bryn Mawr College Library.
Bryn Mawr, PA, 1928
Page Number: 27, Figure Number: 30
The following Catalogue Raisonné exist for this object:
- Peter Morse, John Sloan's Prints (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1969), 176. Figure Number: 152
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BHLUL".View current selection of records as: