Basket DishEarly 20th century
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 88.47.DUP
Other Number(s): 47.107 (Donor Number)
Geography: Asia, South Korea, Seoul
Classification: Containers and Vessels; Vessels; Bowls
Collection: Helen B. Chapin '15 Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- baskets - Containers made of twigs, rushes, thin strips of wood, or other flexible material woven together.
- Korean - Culture and style of peoples from the East Asian peninsula of Korea.
- lacquer - Paint, varnish, or another material applied by coating, made of the resinous exudation of certain trees or from insects, and that dries with a high gloss or matte finish. In most lacquers resin is dissolved in a volatile solvent or a drying oil and hardens by evaporation. Lacquer may be applied in many layers, so the thick surface may be set with inlays or carved.
- vessels - Containers designed to serve as receptacles for a liquid or other substance, usually those of circular section and made of some durable material; especially containers of this nature in domestic use, employed in connection with the preparation or serving of food or drink, and usually of a size suitable for carrying by hand.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BHQVB".View current selection of records as: