- Material comprising stiff, lightweight, often colorful, keratin structures that are the principal covering of birds.
- Visual works or parts of works, such as elements of costume, furnishings, ceremonial objects, or decorations, that are made of feathers. Generally the feathers are either adhered to a solid support or tied individually to a woven support. Important examples of featherwork are found in Mexico and South America.
- Of or belonging to the nation of Peru or its people.
- Ornaments made of feathers, silk, hair or other relatively delicate materials, worn or displayed as decoration or as symbols of honor or rank.
- General term for carpets, fabrics, costume, or other works made of textile materials, which are natural or synthetic fibers created by weaving, felting, knotting, twining, or otherwise processing. For works of art or high craft that employ textile as a medium, prefer "textile art (visual works)."
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: