Dutch (1649 - 1712) Primary
Enterprise échouée du Duc d'Anjou sur Anvers, dans l'année 1583 (Duke of Anjou's Failed Attack on Anvers, in the Year 1583)ca. 1679
10.688 x 13.625 in. (27.146 x 34.608 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2019.4.31
Geography: Europe, Netherlands
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
This object has the following keywords:
- battles - Individual instances of armed conflict between two or more groups.
- cities - Distinctions among villages, towns, and cities are relative and vary according to their individual regional contexts. Generally, cities designate large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region.
- etching - Intaglio process in which the design is worked into an acid-resistant substance coating the metal printing plate; the plate is then exposed to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed, to create lines and dark areas. For the single step of exposing the plate to acid, use "biting."
- history - Discipline that studies the chronological record of events, such as affecting a nation, community, individual, object, or place, based on a critical examination of source materials and usually presenting an explanation of their causes.
- history artists - Artists in any media who specialize in scenes depicting historical events.Lake: Adrienne Martyn : Waikato Museum of Art and History Artist in Residence. Adrienne Martyn, John Hurrell, Waikato Museum of Art and History, 2001 - Taupo, Lake (N.Z.) Waikato Museum of Art and History - 2001
- Netherlandish - Refers in general to cultures that have occupied the same area as the modern nation of the Netherlands in northwestern Europe along the North Sea, as well as the territory extending through medieval Flanders, which is the area of modern Belgium and part of France. For the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, prefer "Dutch (culture)," although usage overlaps.
- politics - The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs.
- wars - Events taking place over a prolonged period and comprising open and declared hostile armed conflict between nations or parties within a nation. For individual instances of armed conflict, use "battles."
- Plate Dimensions: 10.688 x 13.625 in. (27.146 x 34.608 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BIMCD" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Netherlands".View current selection of records as: