Richard E. Bishop
American (Syracuse, NY, 1887 - 1975, Plymouth Meeting, PA) Primary
8.5 x 12.5 in. (21.59 x 31.75 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1962.335
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
Collection: Harrington-Bishop Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- geese - General term referring to members of several species of large web-footed birds in different genera, especially the genera Anser and Branta, but also including a number of waterfowl of gooselike build that live in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and belong to other groups. Geese have in common that they are larger than ducks and smaller than swans; they differ from ducks in having longer necks and legs that are set more forward.
- lakes - Bodies of fresh or salt water surrounded by land.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Plate Dimensions: 8.5 x 12.5 in. (21.59 x 31.75 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BIPBN" and [Object]Display Artist is "Richard E. Bishop".View current selection of records as: