Landscape with Lake, Sailboat, and Mountains
Watercolor on paper
6 3/4 in. x 8 3/8 in. (17.15 cm x 21.27 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: JNE.917
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Paintings; Watercolors and Gouaches
Collection: John N. Estabrook Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- lakes - Bodies of fresh or salt water surrounded by land.
- lithographs - Prints made using the process of lithography, which is a planographic printing process in which a design is deposited on the stone or plate with a greasy substance which will accept ink.
- mountains - Prominent landforms rising considerably above the surrounding area, typically having steep slopes, a sharp summit area, and large mass. Mountains rarely occur individually, and in most cases, are found in ranges, chains, or systems.
- sailboats - Boats having sails as their primary means of propulsion.
- watercolors - Refers to two-dimensional works of art, usually on a paper support, to which pigment suspended in water is applied with a brush to create an image or design. Includes paintings using gouache, which is not technically watercolor paint. Watercolors are variously classified as drawings or paintings in collections.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Sheet Dimensions: 6 3/4 x 8 3/8 in. (17.145 x 21.273 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BIPBN".View current selection of records as: