Giovanni Battista Piranesi
Italian (1720 - 1778) Primary
View of the Ponte Salario1754
15 13/16 in. x 24 3/16 in. (40.2 cm x 61.5 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1999.15.3
Other Number(s): TN.9.DUP (Previous No.)
Geography: Europe, Italy
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
This object has the following keywords:
- boats - Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- bridges - Structures spanning and providing passage over waterways, topographic depressions, transportation routes, or similar circulation barriers.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- rivers - Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
- Plate Dimensions: 15 13/16 x 24 3/16 in. (40.2 x 61.5 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BIPFW" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Italy".View current selection of records as: