Italian (1710 - 1782) Primary
Veduta del Giardino Farneseca. 1746 - 1761
6 x 10 3/8 in. (15.24 x 26.4 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.17.5
Geography: Europe, Italy
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Lucy Shoe Meritt Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- cityscapes, townscapes, and village scenes
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- rivers - Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
- Plate Dimensions: 6 x 10 3/8 in. (15.24 x 26.4 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BIPFW" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Italy".View current selection of records as: