Hiroaki Takahashi (akaShotei)
Japanese (1871 - 1945) Primary
Japanese (1885 - 1962) Publisher
Sumidagawa River in the Snowca. 1924
7.438 x 4.625 in. (18.891 x 11.748 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2015.4.18
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Collection: Levine Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- rivers - Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
- shin hanga - Japanese woodblock prints, made from 1915 to ca. 1950, and characterized by a romantic or nostalgic tone.
- snow - Frozen precipitation in the form of white or translucent hexagonal ice crystals that fall in soft, white flakes.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
- Sheet Dimensions: 7.438 x 4.625 in. (18.891 x 11.748 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BIPFW" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Japan".View current selection of records as: