Paul van Liender
Dutch (1731 - 1797) Primary
Delft aan de Schie1755
10 in. x 15 3/8 in. (25.4 cm x 39.05 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- aquatints - Prints produced from designs created by the aquatint process, by which a printing plate is covered with a coating and etched with acid so as to create a range of tonal values, often combined with line work. The resulting print resembling a watercolor.
- boats - Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- cityscapes - Refers to creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities, which are large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region. For creative works depicting towns, use "townscapes (representations)."
- Dutch - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, or in general to cultures that have occupied the same area in northwestern Europe along the North Sea. It is often used to distinguish the culture of the northern historic Netherlands from "Flemish," which is the culture of the southern Netherlands or Flanders. It may also be used to refer in general to the culture of Germanic or Teutonic peoples; however, this meaning is seldom found in modern texts.
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- rivers - Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
- Twenty Years A-Growing 1969-1989 Bryn Mawr College , Oct 18, 1989 – Jan 1, 1990
- Image Dimensions: 10 x 15 3/8 in. (25.4 x 39.053 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BIPFW" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Netherlands".View current selection of records as: