|Showing 1 of 1||
British (1865 - 1914) Primary
The Avon near Bidfordca. 1892
Watercolor on paper
11 3/4 in. x 14 in. (29.85 cm x 35.56 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: JNE.1401
Geography: Europe, Great Britain
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Paintings; Watercolors and Gouaches
Collection: John N. Estabrook Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- rivers - Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
- trees - Woody, perennial plants usually with a single, long, self-supporting stem or trunk, and which grow to a considerable height.
- watercolors - Refers to two-dimensional works of art, usually on a paper support, to which pigment suspended in water is applied with a brush to create an image or design. Includes paintings using gouache, which is not technically watercolor paint. Watercolors are variously classified as drawings or paintings in collections.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Twenty Years A-Growing 1969-1989 Bryn Mawr College , Oct 18, 1989 – Jan 1, 1990
- Framed Dimensions: 11 3/4 x 14 in. (29.845 x 35.56 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BIPFW" and [Object]Display Artist is "John Terris".View current selection of records as: