|Showing 1 of 1||
Dutch (active 1712 - 1784) Primary
Passage Through the Hellespont by Xerxes18th century
1712 - 1784
3 3/8 in. x 4 1/8 in. (8.57 cm x 10.48 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- armies - Refers to large organized land forces armed for war and regimented in some manner for deployment. Applied both to independent organizations or to groups under the control of one nation or ruler.
- Dutch - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, or in general to cultures that have occupied the same area in northwestern Europe along the North Sea. It is often used to distinguish the culture of the northern historic Netherlands from "Flemish," which is the culture of the southern Netherlands or Flanders. It may also be used to refer in general to the culture of Germanic or Teutonic peoples; however, this meaning is seldom found in modern texts.
- Persian - Refers to the culture that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Iran.
- pontoon bridges - Bridges, generally temporary, with decks supported on low flat-bottomed or hollow floats, often used by the military for river crossings. Permanent pontoon bridges may be used for crossings where it is not feasible to suspend a bridge from anchored piers.
- prints - Pictorial works produced by transferring images by means of a matrix such as a plate, block, or screen, using any of various printing processes. When emphasizing the individual printed image, use "impressions." Avoid the controversial expression "original prints," except in reference to discussions of the expression's use. If prints are neither "reproductive prints" nor "popular prints," use the simple term "prints." With regard to photographs, prefer "photographic prints"; for types of reproductions of technical drawings and documents, see terms found under "reprographic copies."
- straits - A narrow waterway, usually narrower and less extensive than a sound, connecting two larger bodies of water.
- Sheet Dimensions: 3 3/8 x 4 1/8 in. (8.573 x 10.478 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BJZFN".View current selection of records as: