1 1/4 x 2 1/16 x 23/32 in. (3.2 x 5.2 x 1.8 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: S.315
Classification: Unclassifiable Artifacts; Artifact Remnants; Stone, Worked
This object has the following keywords:
- Ancient Greek - Refers to the culture and styles of ancient Greece, generally excluding modern and prehistoric periods, but including periods between around 900 BCE to around 31 BCE. For the culture of Greece in general, including modern Greece, see "Greek."
- Eleusinian marble - A fine, black marble from Attica, prized in ancient Greece, especially for friezes and interior decoration.
- fragments - Portions of objects that are torn, broken off from, or dislocated from their original whole.
- stone - General term for rock that has been cut, shaped, crushed, or otherwise formed for use in construction or other purposes. Includes the specific archaeological and anthropological sense of individual stones which may be decorated or ornamented and which may be used in ritual contexts. These are usually not carved or dressed, and so differ from sculptures made from stone.
- maximum length Dimensions: 1 1/4 x 2 1/16 x 23/32 in. (3.175 x 5.239 x 1.826 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BKURW".View current selection of records as: