Thomas Eakins in the Mount Vernon Street Studioca. 1909
4 11/16 in. x 7 7/8 in. (11.91 cm x 20 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2011.6.22
Geography: North and Central America, United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Photographs
Collection: Seymour Adelman Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- art and art installations
- artists - People who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, see "performing artists."
- gelatin silver prints - Refers to photographic prints having gelatin as the binder, holding silver as the final image material; always black-and-white, though they may be toned to a monochrome hue.
- studios - Working places set aside for artists to work. The term is generally applied to workspaces used by artists creating fine art, particularly art dating from the 16th century to the present. The characteristics of a studio may be dictated by the practical requirements of adequate light, ample space in which to create the work of art, and storage of materials. Display of the finished art works and training may also be accommodated in a studio. Creation of an art work may require a range of artistic processes; therefore, separate areas of work may be delegated in the studio. The term may also refer to spaces used by dancers, singers, musicians, and other performing artists to create or practice. The term "workshops" is generally refers to spaces used by craftspeople, artists working prior to the 16th century, and industrial workers. For studios that are larger spaces or complexes, and are used to create films, television or radio programs, or other large scale productions, use "motion picture studios," "broadcasting studios," "sound studios," "recording studios," "radio studios," or "television studios."
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Double Take: Selected Views from the Photography Collection at Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Sep 27, 2011 – Dec 22, 2011
Bibliography ListThe following Bibliography exist for this object:
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, 2011
Page Number: 18
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BLEUB".View current selection of records as: