Fan-shaped Metal Pendant with Dog
1 3/4 x 3 in. (4.445 x 7.62 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2022.11.5
Collection: Helen B. Chapin '15 Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Canis familiaris - Domesticated species of Canis, formerly believed to be descended from Canis lupus, gray wolves; however, recent studies suggest that gray wolves and domestic dogs instead have a common ancestor, now extinct. Dogs come in a variety of shapes, and sizes and over 400 distinct breeds. All domestic or feral dogs are descended from a single common ancestral species. For more than 12,000 years, it has lived with humans as a hunting companion, protector, and as herders and guardians of sheep, goats, and cattle. Today, dogs are employed as aids to the blind and disabled, or for police work. In Western art, dogs have generally come to symbolize faithfulness and loyalty, however, in other cultures they can symbolizes a varity of traits, ranging from unclean to seducer.
- metal - Any of a large group of substances that typically show a characteristic luster, are good conductors of electricity and heat, are opaque, can be fused, and are usually malleable or ductile.
- pendants - Any fixed hanging architectural ornaments.
- Encarta world Eng. dict.
- Amer. Herit. dict. of the Engl. lang., c2000
- Dunster, J.A. Dict. of natural resource management, c1996
- USGS Biocomplexity Thesaurus, Feb. 1, 2015
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BMBEA".View current selection of records as: