Projectile PointPueblo Period
700 - 1500 AD
1 3/16 x 1/2 x 3/16 in. (3 x 1.3 x 0.5 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Ancestral Puebloan - Refers to the style and culture of a North American civilization that existed in the "Four Corners" area, where the boundaries of the states of Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah intersect. The culture flourished from the first century CE to around 1300 CE, and descendants of this cultural group probably include the modern Pueblo Indians now living in New Mexico and Arizona. The style is noted for fine baskets, pottery, cloth, ornaments, tools, and great architectural achievements, including cliff dwellings and apartment-house-like villages, or pueblos. In some classification schemes, the modern Pueblo cultures are considered later phases of this people, though most schemes end this culture with the abandonment of the cliff dwellings around 1300 CE.
- Native American - Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- projectile points - Pieces of hard material, typically stone or metal, sharpened to have a cutting edge or penetrating point for use as projectiles or the heads of projectile weapons.
- stone - General term for rock that has been cut, shaped, crushed, or otherwise formed for use in construction or other purposes. Includes the specific archaeological and anthropological sense of individual stones which may be decorated or ornamented and which may be used in ritual contexts. These are usually not carved or dressed, and so differ from sculptures made from stone.
- tools - Objects, especially those hand-held, for performing or facilitating mechanical operations.
- weapons - Implements or mechanisms used for defense or attack in combat, hunting, or war.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BMRHV" and [Object]Period/Era/Dynasty is "Pueblo Period".View current selection of records as: