Dark Burnished Body Sherd with Incised Decoration
2 9/16 x 2 1/4 x 7/16 in. (6.5 x 5.7 x 1.1 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- bodies - Those parts of containers that enclose the contents, as distinguished from accessory components such as covers, handles, and applied decoration.
- burnishing - Making shiny or lustrous by rubbing with a tool that compacts or smooths.
- incising - The process and technique of producing, forming, or tracing a pattern, text, or other usually linear motif by cutting, carving, or engraving.
- sherds - Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
- maximum length Dimensions: 2 9/16 x 2 1/4 x 7/16 in. (6.5 x 5.715 x 1.111 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BMSJP".View current selection of records as: