Black on Red Neck and Rim SherdIron Age
2000 BCE - 1200 BCE
1 1/4 in. x 1 3/16 in. x 3/16 in. (3.25 cm x 3.05 cm x 0.47 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.14.1214
Geography: Asia, Turkey, Tarsus
Classification: Unclassifiable Artifacts; Artifact Remnants; Sherds
Culture/Nationality: Prehistoric Anatolian
Collection: Tarsus Excavation
Findspot: Find Spot: Gözlükule, Tarsus, Turkey; Date: Meters:
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Anatolian - Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
- importing - Bringing articles of trade or commerce into a country from abroad for sale or exchange.
- Late Iron Age - Refers to a phase of Iron Age culture noted for particular technological and social developments, including the tempering of iron implements.
- necks - Relatively narrow, or constricted parts of containers, such as the slender portion of a bottle or vase between the mouth and the shoulders.
- rim sherds - Fragments of a ceramic or glass vessel from just below the rim.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BMSXB" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Artifact Remnants".View current selection of records as: