Syrian Body Sherd of Neck with Painted Decoration
1 1/4 x 13/16 x 5/8 in. (3.2 x 2.1 x 1.6 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: P.1113
Geography: Asia, Syria
Classification: Unclassifiable Artifacts; Artifact Remnants; Sherds
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- necks - Relatively narrow, or constricted parts of containers, such as the slender portion of a bottle or vase between the mouth and the shoulders.
- painting - The application of paint to a surface primarily for protection or to apply a general color. For the application of pigments to a surface to create an expressive or communicative image, use "painting (image-making)."
- sherds - Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
- Syrian - Refers to the historical cultures of the region of Western Asia immediately east of the Mediterranean. For the nationality of the modern nation of Syria, use "Syrian (modern)." For a general term referring to the ancient fertile crescent, use "Ancient Syrian."
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- maximum length Dimensions: 1 1/4 x 13/16 x 5/8 in. (3.2 x 2.064 x 1.588 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BMSXB" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Artifact Remnants".View current selection of records as: