- Making shiny or lustrous by rubbing with a tool that compacts or smooths.
- Those portions of, or attachments to, objects that are designed to be grasped by the hand.
- Refers to the period from about 1650 BCE when Hittite rulers first came to prominence in central Anatolia until around 700 BCE when the Assyrians destroyed the remaining Hittite city-states in southeast Anatolia and north Syria.
Late Bronze Age
- Refers to the final stage of Bronze Age cultures, distinguished from the Early and Middle Bronze Age cultures by differences in metal assemblages and burial rites. It is characterized in part by very sophisticated and elaborate metalworking techniques and tool and weapon designs. It is characterized by the development of mass-produced objects, hollow objects, armor, and large objects, such as caldrons and shields.
- Relatively narrow, or constricted parts of containers, such as the slender portion of a bottle or vase between the mouth and the shoulders.
- Fragments of a ceramic or glass vessel from just below the rim.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: