|Showing 1 of 1||
Egyptian Ostrakon with Hieratic Inscription
1 5/16 x 1 x 3/16 in. (3.3 x 2.5 x 0.5 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- body sherd
- Egyptian - Refers to the styles and culture that developed in antiquity in the Nile Valley in the area of modern-day Egypt and southwards. For the cultures and styles of the modern nation of Egypt, use "Egypt (modern)."
- hieratic - A script of ancient Egypt consisting of abridged forms of hieroglyphics, used by the priests in their records.
- inscriptions - Words, texts, lettering, or symbols marked on a work, including texts, legends, documentation notes, or commemoration. For standardized symbols or notations on objects that convey official information, use "marks (symbols)."
- ostraka - Fragments of pottery or stone containing inscriptions.
- sherds - Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
- Egyptology at Bryn Mawr: A Legacy Bryn Mawr College , Apr 11, 2019 – Sep 29, 2021
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BMZZS".View current selection of records as: