German (1471 - 1528) Primary
Knight, Death, and the Devil18th century - 19th century
Worn plate engraving
9 5/8 in. x 7 3/8 in. (24.45 cm x 18.73 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: X.343
Geography: Europe, Germany
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- Refers generally to that category of costume designed to be worn or carried to protect the body in combat. Armor pieces which are always physical parts of or are affixed to other pieces and cannot function alone are collocated under the guide term "
." For specifically groups of armor pieces designed as a whole to possess particular physical characteristics in order to suit a particular purpose or occasion, see "armors."
- castles - Buildings or groups of buildings intended primarily to serve as a fortified residence of a prince or nobleman.
- German - Refers to the cultures, periods, and styles of the modern nation of Germany, or the cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in central Europe. More broadly, it can refer to the cultures of the ancient groups of related peoples who inhabited central and northern Europe, and who spoke dialects from which the Germanic or Teutonic languages developed.
- religion and mythology
- skulls - Bony framework of the head, enclosing the brain and supporting the face.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Object Dimensions: 9 5/8 x 7 3/8 in. (24.448 x 18.733 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BNBXM".View current selection of records as: