Adam and Eve Wall SconceLate 19th century
10 in. x 7 in. x 4 in. (25.4 cm x 17.78 cm x 10.16 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Christianity - Refers to the world religion and culture that developed in the first century CE, driven by the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Its roots are in the Judaic tradition and the Old Testament. The tenets include a belief in the death and redemptive resurrection of Jesus. The religion incorporates a tradition of faith, ritual, and a form of church authority or leadership.
- Judaism - Refers to the monotheistic religion of the Jewish people, central to which is the belief that the ancient Israelites experienced God's presence in human events. Jews believe that the one God delivered the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt, revealed the structure of communal and individual life to them, and chose them to be a holy nation of people able to set an example for all humankind. The Hebrew Bible and Talmud are the two primary sources for Judaism's spiritual and ethical principles. The religion, which traces its origins to Abraham, places more emphasis on expressing beliefs through ritual rather than through abstract doctrine. The Sabbath, beginning on sunset on Friday and ending at sunset on Saturday, is the central religious observance; there is also an annual cycle of religious festivals and days of fasting. Judaism has had a diverse history of development over almost 4000 years, with a number of resulting branches in modern times, namely Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform.
- religious art - Use broadly for art depicting religious subjects or for art used in worship.
- sconces - Lighting devices designed to hang on a wall having one or more candle sockets or lamp holders; often ornamental and frequently incorporating a reflector.
- tin - Pure metallic element having symbol Sn and atomic number 50; a soft, pliable, silvery white metal. Use also for this metal as processed and formed, usually in combination with other substances, to make various objects and materials.
- The Deanery Remembered Bryn Mawr College , May 1, 1985 – May 29, 1985
"Leafy Head" Wall Sconce
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BOGRX".View current selection of records as: